Monday 8 June 2015

Exam stress

Man alive, exams are stressful .... and I am not even writing any this year!
When your kids and students write exams you end up soaking up all their stress - by the end of the week I will feel as if I have been through the mill and back. And that is only when my marking will start!!

I keep trying to reason with my students/kids that the role of the examiner is NOT to try and see you crash and burn, but rather to see how much you have applied yourself to the work and to see if you have done the preparation!

It never looks good on a Lecturer's record if it looks like this - 35 students wrote the exam and 35 students failed! It makes the lecturer look like a failure too. Obviously, teachers can't give their students the answers before hand, but we do try and prepare and assist students to do the best they can. If the work has been learnt and covered, then usually the tests will be fine.

So, how can we relate this to God and faith?

Well, when God allows us to go through a time of trial and testing, it is not to take delight in our failure, but rather to see how much we have 'learnt' to put our trust in Him. God could remove all obstacles out our way, but it would not help us in the long run. Admittedly there are a few 'tests' I would rather not be facing at the moment, but we don't get to choose which ones we will face.

So, if you are in the middle of exams or facing a testing time, then remember that God is with you.

1 Thessalonians 3:13 - "... so that no one would be unsettled by these trials. For you know quite well that we are destined for them."

Luke22:28 - "You are those who have stood by me in my trials."

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: