Sunday 14 June 2015

Would you buy it?

Would you buy it?!
You may be asking "Would I buy WHAT?"

Would you buy a puzzle, knowing that there was a piece missing?
Well, the other day, my sons did exactly that - they bought a puzzle at a Fete, knowing that there was one piece missing. And now that they have completed the puzzle (which is the one in the picture attached) it looks awesome. When I looked at their completed picture I did a little thinking about this whole thing and these are my ramblings:

It would have been a pity for the puzzle not to be completed, just because a single piece was missing. Can you imagine if God worked like that with us? What if God said, "I am not going to do anything in Delme's life, because he is missing a lot of things in his character and personality!" That would mean that God would refuse to build anything in anyones life, because we are ALL missing something in our lives.

The kids had a lot of fun, in building the puzzle, which they wouldn't have experienced if they had ignored the puzzle. It was a good bonding experience and the joy on their faces was brilliant to see. Which reminds me that often I am consumed by "getting things done" instead of enjoying the process of spending time with others.

So, in the end, the puzzle with the missing piece tells me the story of the Gospel - even though God knew I was imperfect, he still chose to do something in my life. That is the miracle of GRACE.

1 Corinthians 1:25 - "This foolish plan of God is wiser than the wisest of human plans, and God’s weakness is stronger than the greatest of human strength."

2 Corinthians 1:24 - We want to work together with you so you will be full of joy, for it is by your own faith that you stand firm.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: