Wednesday 22 July 2015

Blue Like Jazz

Donald Miller wrote a wonderful book called Blue Like Jazz - it is not your ordinary Christian book, but it certainly challenges your faith on so many levels. The thing I like about his book is that he is completely honest about his struggles as a Christian, which is a very humbling thing to do.

On the surface it would be easy to assume that Donald has it all together and that he is living life as a "successful" Christian author. However, he is not into pretences, and this makes his book so refreshing. I highly recommend it, if you are looking for something to read next.

There is this one quote in the book that has been coming back to me, again and again. I offer it to you today as a form of challenge.

“...to be in a relationship with God is to be loved purely and furiously. And a person who thinks himself unlovable cannot be in a relationship with God because he can't accept who God is; a Being that is love. We learn that we are lovable or unlovable from other people...That is why God tells us so many times to love each other.”

John 13:34-35 “Let me give you a new command: Love one another. In the same way I loved you, you love one another. This is how everyone will recognize that you are my disciples—when they see the love you have for each other.”

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: