Friday 11 September 2015

Out of the ashes

Today is the anniversary of September 11, but I think that you already knew that. This blog is not a commentary so much on the tragedy of that event, but rather to relay another story of pain and hope. For me, today is a significant day in another sense - I get the privilege of doing a wedding for a young couple who have their own story of struggle, loss and now joy.

One year ago, this couple lost their new born baby boy - he was only a few hours old. The heartache and incredible pain of this tragedy left a mark on my heart as I tried to guide them through this time. If it wasn't easy for me, then you can only imagine how traumatic it was for them. It was beyond words.

However, today I am blessed to stand with them as they commit their lives to each other through a simple wedding ceremony. They have chosen to mark the anniversary of their sons death, by committing their love to one another. I couldn't think of a greater way to celebrate 'loss', by joining it with 'JOY'.

This reminds me that our God is always in the business of restoring hope. It is out of the ashes of despair that Christ brings up the phoenix of faith, HOPE and love. Remember that even when we encounter loss, God is already moving to create a new beginning somewhere else.

John 11:25 - "Jesus said to her, ‘I am the resurrection and the life. The one who believes in me will live, even though they die..."
"Into the darkness you shine out of the ashes we rise there's no one like you none like You!
Our God is greater, our God is stronger, God you are higher than any other.
Our God is Healer, Awesome in Power, Our God! Our God..." - Chris Tomlin
Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: