Monday 16 November 2015

Be a new kind of Hero

“Heroes didn't leap tall buildings or stop bullets with an outstretched hand; they didn't wear boots and capes. They bled, and they bruised, and their superpowers were as simple as listening, or loving. Heroes were ordinary people who knew that even if their own lives were impossibly knotted, they could untangle someone else's. And maybe that one act could lead someone to rescue you right back.”- ― Jodi Picoult, Second Glance

Our world is in desperate need of new Heroes. It seems that humanity is feeling more and more fragile at this point in our history - it just takes a few terrorist activities to "up" the levels of fear in our world. Things are tough at the moment, don't you agree?

Or maybe I should change my previous paragraph to start by pronouncing - 
"Perhaps we just need to realise that our world is in need of a Saviour!"

This is what Advent will be all about - the longing for a Saviour, a hero to break into our time and space - to bring Peace, Love and Mercy.

Psalm 89:19-20 (Message)
“I’ve crowned a hero, I chose the best I could find; I found David, my servant, poured holy oil on his head, And I’ll keep my hand steadily on him, yes, I’ll stick with him through thick and thin."

Living in Grace
D3LM3 

No comments: