Friday 8 April 2016

What to write?

Sometimes the inspiration just doesn't come as easily as the day before. In case you are wondering, I am speaking about writing, and in particular this blog. There are days when I could write 10 blog pieces, but there are others where the creative juices just seem to have stopped! If you ask full time writers they will tell you that they experience the same thing from time to time. In fact, if you have a minute look at these famous authors who have found ways of getting past their writer's block.

As I opened my diary to see what lay in store for today, I noticed there was a quote at the bottom of the page and it was PERFECT for me. This is what it said:

"When inspiration doesn't come, I go for a walk, go to the movie, talk to a friend, let go ... the muse is bound to return again, especially if I turn my back." - Judy Collins

So, I think I will go for that walk now (or phone a friend) and see if the inspiration returns. In the meantime I will leave you with one of verses I have been reflecting on this week. Grace and Peace.

Jeremiah 17:7-10

“But blessed is the one who trusts in the Lord,
    whose confidence is in him.
They will be like a tree planted by the water
    that sends out its roots by the stream.
It does not fear when heat comes;
    its leaves are always green.
It has no worries in a year of drought
    and never fails to bear fruit.”

The heart is deceitful above all things
    and beyond cure.
    Who can understand it?

10 “I the Lord search the heart
    and examine the mind,
to reward each person according to their conduct,
    according to what their deeds deserve.”

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: