Wednesday 6 April 2016

What's so funny about that!!!

As I got out the car this morning I hit my elbow on the top of the door - well, actually I hit my 'funny' bone on the door and I can tell you, there was nothing funny about it! If you have done something similar you will get my point!

The weird thing about the "funny" bone is that isn't even a bone at all - it's actually a nerve, which is called the ulnar nerve.This got me thinking about the various words we use in our languages and how these words can easily become embedded in our speech. The same applies to the words we use in church circles that have become part of the norm. Sometimes we use 'church' words that end up excluding others for the family of God. We may do it unintentionally, but it happens.

When Jesus spoke to people he always addressed their core needs and he spoke in such a way that people could respond to His love. His message was always clear, even if some people refused to believe in him.

Revelation 14:6 - And I saw another angel flying through the heavens, carrying the everlasting Good News to preach to those on earth—to every nation, tribe, language, and people.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: