Wednesday 27 July 2016

Are you rooted?





· “What is firmly rooted, can’t be pulled out!” - Anon


Matthew 13:20-21 – “The seed falling on rocky ground refers to someone who hears the word and at once receives it with joy. 21 But since they have no root, they last only a short time. When trouble or persecution comes because of the word, they quickly fall away.

I have been challenged again by the parable of the Sower (or the soils). It has reminded me that I will always be tested in life and especially in my faith. What will get me through the storms is not how good I am, but rather how deep my ‘roots’ go down into the ground. If I can ground myself firmly in the presence of Christ, then we those times of testing come, I may be battered and bruised, but I will be able to stand firm.

How deep do your roots go down?
What are you doing to make them stronger?

Living in Grace
D3LM3



No comments: