Wednesday 10 August 2016

Flamboyant versus faithful



We live in an age where the ‘Flamboyant’ seems to trump the ‘Faithful.’ However, if you ask me which one I prefer I will always choose ‘Faithfulness’ over ‘Flamboyancy.’ The fashions and fads of this year will pass away over time, but it is the faithful things that pass the test of time.

There is a danger in that we chase after the ‘flamboyant’ because it seems more exciting than the Faithful, but in the end it too lets us down.

Exodus 34:6 - The Lord passed in front of Moses, calling out, “Yahweh! The Lord! The God of compassion and mercy! I am slow to anger and filled with unfailing love and faithfulness.

Psalm 40:10 - I have not kept the good news of your justice hidden in my heart; I have talked about your faithfulness and saving power. I have told everyone in the great assembly of your unfailing love and faithfulness.

Don’t be mis-lead by the flamboyant. It often proves short-lived.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: