Monday 15 August 2016

Getting up again is so vital

All this Olympic hype is making me want to get my old spikes out and to run around the track again - although I am not sure I would make it around the track in one piece at this stage :)

Of course there have been so many great achievements over the course of the Games, but the one I want to mention is Mo Farah winning the gold in the 10 000 meter final. What makes his victory even more remarkable is that he was tripped in the early stages of the race and he had to make up a lot of ground. One would have understood if he had given up, but that thought never crossed his mind - all he thought of was getting back onto the track and catching the other guys. In the end, his tenacity and perseverance won him another gold medal.

So, the next time you believe your race is "done" or you feel that you have been "tripped" up, please realise that the race is not over yet. We need to keep on running. God is with you every step of the way.

If Jesus had given up at the first hurdle then where would that have left us?

Hang in there and let God help you finish the race.

Revelatio 3:10 -  “Because you have obeyed my command to persevere, I will protect you from the great time of testing that will come upon the whole world to test those who belong to this world.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: