Saturday 20 August 2016

Ordination - 10 years on

I was reminded today of our Ordination service, which took place on this day in 2006. In our Church system (at the time) we were Ordained 5 years after beginning our training, although I had already served for 5 years as a Youth Pastor in Bryanston, Johannesburg.

For Kim and I, our ministerial training involved serving in the Church Street Methodist Community in Somerset West (2002), while studying part-time in Plumstead. Then we moved to Pretoria for a year of Academic studies, where I finished my outstanding academic work (2003). From the city of Jacaranda's we were sent to the Umvoti circuit, where we served in the town of Dalton for 3 years. After our Ordination we moved to Pietermaritzburg, where we have been serving at Wesley Methodist (Hayfields) for 10 years.

As I reflect on nearly 20 years of combined ministry, I am grateful for all that God has done for us and for how he has led us. I am grateful for the support of my entire family and my friends - without their encouragement I am not sure I would be where I am today. All in all, I am most grateful for the presence of Christ with me, where-ever I go.

My challenge for us all today is this: "Don't be afraid to say YES to the call of Jesus. We don't know where it will lead us, but it will certainly be a huge adventure."

1 Peter 2:21 - To this you were called, because Christ suffered for you, leaving you an example, that you should follow in his steps.
 
Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: