Wednesday 8 March 2017

Where is God hiding?

"I am beginning now to see how radically the character of my spiritual journey will change when I no longer think of God as hiding out and making difficult as possible for me to find him, but, instead, as the one who is looking for me while I am doing the hiding." - Henri Nouwen

If I was asking Henri Nouwen the question - "where is God hiding?" his answer (above) would show me that I am actually the one who does the hiding. It is my skewed understanding that God is trying to avoid me that makes me believe God is hiding from me.

Have you ever felt that God is hiding from you? If yes, then perhaps read the quote again and reflect on this verse for a while.

Psalm 32:7 - You are my hiding place; you will protect me from trouble and surround me with songs of deliverance. 

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: