Wednesday 28 June 2017

Ruth - true faithfulness

If ever there was an example of true FAITHFULNESS then it must be Ruth. Given the opportunity to leave her troubled life and start over, she pledges to go with her grieving mother-in-law to Bethlehem. These are the loyal words spoken to Naomi when Ruth commited to be with her.

"But Ruth replied, “Don’t urge me to leave you or to turn back from you. Where you go I will go, and where you stay I will stay. Your people will be my people and your God my God. 17 Where you die I will die, and there I will be buried. May the Lord deal with me, be it ever so severely, if even death separates you and me.” - Ruth 1:16-17

"... not even death itself is going to come between us!” - The Message

Faithfulness is a rare trait. If you know someone who has been very committed and faithful to you, then you have found a rare gem. Appreciate their faithfulness and honour them today. 

Thought: Who/what is God asking you to be faithful to? May Ruth's example give you inspiration today.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: