Sunday 30 July 2017

Life is like a corkscrew

Life is like a cork-screw sometimes - a cork-screw that can't be straightened. Well that is what Solomon suggests in Ecclesiastes - and I tend to agree with him (in part.) There are some things that happen to us, that leave us feeling a little 'bent out of shape' and we wonder how things will come right again. I am grateful that God always seeks to make things 'whole' again and that even when life gets tough, God's help is at hand.

12-14 Call me “the Quester.” I’ve been king over Israel in Jerusalem. I looked most carefully into everything, searched out all that is done on this earth. And let me tell you, there’s not much to write home about. God hasn’t made it easy for us. I’ve seen it all and it’s nothing but smoke—smoke, and spitting into the wind.
15 Life’s a corkscrew that can’t be straightened,
A minus that won’t add up." - Ecclesiastes 1 (MSG)

Don't forget that God is always on our side, even when life gets you down.

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: