Tuesday 15 August 2017

Inspiration or Desperation

"We usually change ourselves for one of two reasons, inspiration or desperation." - Jim Rohn

So which one of these applies to your life? Do you only begin to change things when circumstances are so desperate (that there is no other choice) or do you allow Inspiration to bring about change?
I wish I could be admitting that I always rely on Inspiration, but sadly I can easily avoid change, so that I end up getting to a place of desperation before I make changes.
How about you?
Be honest now?

If we look at the lives of people in Jesus day, it seems that many of them waited until things were desperate before they turned to him. It was in their deepest need that Jesus healed them.

"Do not hold against us the sins of past generations; may your mercy come quickly to meet us, for we are in desperate need." - Psalm 79:8

"Listen to my cry, for I am in desperate need; rescue me from those who pursue me, for they are too strong for me." - Psalm 142:6

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: