Tuesday 10 April 2018

Keep your Fears to yourself

Robert Louis Stevenson has this quote that leaves me feeling a little troubled. He writes:

"Keep your fears to yourself;
Share your Courage with others."

I understand why he says we should keep our fears to ourselves, because we can easily drag others down with us, or end up making them more troubled by our fears. However, when I am afraid, I find I need to speak to someone about it, as this helps me gain perspective on these things. I believe that keeping my fear to myself (entirely) could be more harmful in the long run. What do you think?

Anyway, for today, remember that we can always turn to God for help and when we have been encouraged through the Spirit, we can then "share our courage with others."

Psalm 56:3 -  "...when I am afraid, I put my trust in you."

Living in Grace
D3LM3

No comments: